Translate

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Unit 4 Communication through Art & Design

Creative Typography








Haiku




Type Patterns









Recipe
Research

Sketches

Pixel Art Mood-board



Poster Design

Research






Poster Type-Faces


Idea

I am going to be making a poster of the band, The Prodigy.
The Prodigy is a drum & bass/electronic music baand looks industrial. The genre they mostly come under is called, Psychotic Dance.

Their poster designs are mostly made with an urban-industrial look. 

Poster Mood-board


Poster Designs



Poster Design

First Design


Second Design


Design Report

Designing the posters was quite fun. I learnt some new techniques in Photoshop whilst making these posters. 
These techniques were the perspective and skewing options allowing me to tilt the writing in the second poster design. The first poster design looked too boring to me and it was also too busy. The second poster design is a lot more simple and tidy, it also looks a lot better and is also more appealing to the eye.

While researching posters made by The Prodigy band, they all use a dark theme. I tried doing a dark themed poster (first poster) but it didn't come out as good as I thought it would, so I went with a simple space background with a different font style (second poster). It's not really The Prodigy's style, but it still works quite well in my opinion.

The second poster design is still missing the art work above the title which I put into my original idea (drawing version) of the poster. I wish I could have spent a little more time on it and added it in.

I used the research I made to use some ideas, like I said, I wanted to go with a dark theme, but it didn't turn out as well as I thought. I played around with fonts to see which one was based around The Prodigy's style. The second posters font fits well with their style because it is quite gritty and looks quite industrial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment